Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally an UPDATE:

Well This whole blogging thing has been harder to keep up than I thought! But here is what I've failed to post over the past couple months....



Elder Christian Cade Larson Is officially a missionary and making me so proud in the Mtc. Since he will be learning Spanish he will be there till September, then off to Philly! I've gotten 2 letters from him so far, and I can already tell it's going to be so great for me to have his spiritual letters come once a week! And writing him is so much fun. He has been there 3 weeks and can already say his testimony and prayers in Spanish. What girlfriend am I if I don't brag about him right?! how happy I am for that handsome man, but saying goodbye, was definitely one of the hardest things that I've ever been through so far in my life! These two years better fly by!!



This was the last picture we took, and it was such a perfect last memory. He woke me up early one morning and we watched the sunrise on my roof. The early morning explains the tired faces :)



To keep my mind off Christian being gone, My best friend Kiley Brown Invited me to go with her family to stay in her Grandma's condo in Coronado. It was just the trip I needed. On a little island, the fun things to do were Bike rides all around town. Ice cream at 'moo time', pedi and manicures, trips into sandiego city for shopping, and my favorite, late night talks on the beach every night! Kiley also sent off a missionary so it's our favorite thing to of course talk about them! All in all, the trip was so much fun. Thanks to the Browns for letting me come.














8 comments:

  1. Very cute post. I can relate with the waiting for a missionary thing. Whatever is supposed to work out will work out; it worked out for me! :) Glad you are having fun. Braden and I just went to Coronado-so fun! Lots of Sand Dollars there. Keep having fun and staying BUS-Y and that will make the time go "faster." :) And send a lot of packages, that always made me feel fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two girls are the absolute CUTEST girls in the world. i'm not even kidding. looks like a fun trip! good luck with the missionary thing! it's hard...but it'll go by fast. Just stay positive and busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya that was really nice of the Browns to let you tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Riss... Its Keighley! I love reading your blog. I'm so glad we got to spend 30 minutes together in Utah to talk and laugh. You are a doll. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know Im watching/stalking you. When Roman comes in town Im going to come over, and I want you to be there so I can catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm Lauren! I just wanted to tell you that (1) your blog is cuuute! and (2) I waited for my missionary, and it was the best decision of my life! It's hard, but if you write consistantly, it will go by faster, and you will remain close. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the update and the playlist is 5 stars. Your friend is thee cutest. Hope your haing fun in Santa Barbra my little reasa keesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rissa, your blog is adorable! i love it! and i love that you have a missionary! i have one too!! anyways, i think your adorable!
    love,
    emily peterson

    ReplyDelete