Monday, September 21, 2009

My Dream & Goal








For about a year and a half my dream has been to go to African to teach little kids English! I have heard of many people's experiences, all of whom, have had great things to say. I love love love children, and my favorite subject is English. So what better idea than to do two things I love in a beautiful country! It would be such an amazing experience, and eye opener. I watched 'Oprah Winfrey's Academy for African Girls' documentary and was in tears through the whole video! These poor kids are so sweet, bright and hopeful, but they have no opportunities. They need help over there! Yes I know parts of Africa are unsafe and filled with disease. But I assure all of you (mom) that the program I go through will keep me in good hands! Each pay check I get, I save it under all of my socks. I am a long way off, but I will not give up! The Program I am looking into is not cheap, but luckily I've heard of alternatives, like sponsors. If anyone out there has information for me, PLEASE let me know! I Would love any advice. I WILL MAKE IT TO AFRICA!! No matter what is takes :)

4 comments:

  1. Riss, you can do it! And you will. I'll drive you to the airport when you go to Africa... Reach for your dreams my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always wanted to do that! seriously.

    good luck!

    and if you DO go...you better let me know how it goes and blog about it with lots of pics!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh thats so awesome you want to do that so bad! Me and some girls up here are planing to go somewhere and do a humanitarian thing next summer, and i saw this africa business on your blog and i LOVE that idea! And some of my friends did it this last summer. Maybe we'll do that :) YOU ARE FANTASTIC RISSA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno if its weird that im lookin at your blog haha but i want to go to africa too to help the children there! :) but unfortunately it doesnt fit into my schedule cause of school but My friend i think is a hundred percent for sure going to africa next summer i should ask her through what but she said its pricey too.

    ReplyDelete