Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thankful for this amazing experience







week 1 of living in Provo has officially been completed. I just want to first start by thanking my parents for this amazing experience. First, by being examples and parents that have helped me get to the point where i am able to live on my own. It has already been an eye opener of how many responsibilities you have to take on when deciding to be on your own. Just going grocery shopping on my own was different. But how much i do love taking on these little responsibilities. Let me now tell you how much i enjoy living here. My apartment complex, "king Henry" is amazing. We are our own little family, and every day you see friends you've made walking around our area. Our ward is awesome, and ward prayer every Sunday is such a great way to get to know everyone in our complex. My roommates are IDEAL. we are all the same, and never get sick of each other. Our days consist of working out, and cooking dinner together basically every day. The George foreman has become my closest friend, and i am the designated chicken griller. (thanks to my momma I've been taught how to marinate just right). There are so many great people here that i meet every day, and i feel like this has been the best decision of my life! i started hair school Tuesday and it has been great. So nice, and professional and so many fun girls. Basically week 1 of Provo has been a dream. I know there will be many stressful days, and homesick days ahead of me. But as of now i say BRING IT! :) Thanks for all you do for me mom and dad, miss you every day!!

Friday- my roommates and I went on a nice run, (we are training for a half marathon) made dinner, then hung out with some friends in our ward.

Saturday- Brekyn and I went to the gym, did some laundry, hung out by the pool with my cousin chad and his friend Larry, then went shopping for black school clothes. After we met up with my other two roommates and went out to eat at this AMAZING pizza shop called Slab, then hung out with (my roommate) kalie's, cousin and then ended the night off at my cousin Chads house.

GREAT Week end!

2 comments:

  1. oh riss! I love your sweet testimony. It was definately time for you to spread your wings and fly away. Glad all is going so well, you were ready about 5 years ago to be on your own. Just know you are missed and that MIa is loving your room. You left such a zen feeling in it for her:) Congrats on the 1/2. Did you know I signed up for A race that I have yet to train for. Geez louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you.
    Everyone would go back and re-live their college days if we could so suck up every fun moment. Hey did you go to the regional conference yesterday? Christian Richter said it was really good. Thanks for the nice compliments. thing are sure quiet around here.... we miss our Rissa!

    ReplyDelete