Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finding Joy In The Journey.

"Life is like an old-time Rail Journey- Delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the lord for letting you have the ride."


-Gordon B. Hinckley




Lately I have found myself only seeing the sidetracks, delays and cinders. When in reality I have been blessed with experience, growth and patience. I can easily feel sorry for myself when things aren't going perfectly in my life. Losing a dear friend in an accident, and Christian's sweet mother to cancer definetely have proved to be trialing. I need to be grateful for the strength and valuable lessons that come with these trials. I've learned that life can change dramatically in a month, days, even seconds. This month threw it's rocks at me. Next month, and every month after, I will use my new armor of strength, and experience during any jolt in my journey, or delay on my track.

I will be thankful for the ride.

4 comments:

  1. oh sweet beautiful sister of mine! I love you and am so blessed to have you as a sister wife:) Thanks for always being there for me, I think your mature beyond your years! hugs and cant wait to play in CAlifornia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully put. I am so sorry for your losses. I admire your growth and wisdom through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rissa, you are my little anchor. I continue to be in awe with your strong spirit. You are blessed with such a gift of strength. Keep laughing, smiling, and being you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete